The European Council of the Paint, Printing Ink, and Artist’s Colours Industry (CEPE) represents the interests of Paint, Printing Ink, and Artist’s Colours manufacturers in Europe. As the voice of the sector to the European Union, we discuss with all stakeholder to improve the framework conditions in Europe. We support policy making based on science that leads to a more competitive, healthier, and sustainable future.
CEPE relies on a valuable network of national associations and direct member companies across Europe. Represented by the Board and administered by the Operational Board, the major work is accomplished in approx. 40 working groups which monitor relevant issues, analyse, and develop recommendations to deliver ‘one message’.
As coating manufacturers, CEPE members are downstream users from the chemical industry and as such recognised in the REACH ((EC) No 1907/2006) and CLP ((EG) Nr. 1272/2008) regulations. To meet those specific concerns, CEPE co-founded DUCC, the Downstream Users of Chemicals Co-ordination Group. CEPE is also a member of the World Coatings Council (WCC) and an affiliated member of the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic).
The CEPE agenda is to:
• represent and promote the industry sectors at various levels (EU, UN)
• engage in dialogue and deliver ‘one message’
• ensure a high level of protection and sustainability
• demonstrate how the industry supports the Circular Economy
• reduce the cost and complexity of regulation
• support chemical management based on risk assessment and science
• enhance competitiveness and ensure a level playing field
• stimulate sustainable innovation